Chocolate Sorbet Recipe
- 50g caster sugar
- 420ml water
- 200g Madagascan Sambirano Superior 71% chocolate, roughly chopped
- Place the sugar and the water in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Gently simmer for 1–2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in the chocolate until melted.
- Chill the mixture, then churn and freeze in an ice-cream maker, following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Place in the freezer to firm up before serving.
- If you don't have an ice-cream maker, simply tip the mixture into a bowl and place in the freezer for 1–2 hours, or until it starts to freeze around the edges.
- Remove from the freezer, stir well, then return the freezer for a further 2 hours.
- Remove, stir again and freeze for a further 2 hours.
- Repeat this process once more.
- Finally, return to the freezer and leave until firm.
- Transfer to a sealable container for longer-term storage.
- Serve on its own or with fresh strawberries or raspberries.
- Add 200ml strained and sweetened blackcurrant purée and 3 tablespoons crème de cassis to the mixture before freezing as described above.